Choice of the type of poultry business you would want to start. There are basically four different branches of poultry business commonly available you can choose to go into, they include:
Broilers breeding You can go into this branch for meat production. The day old chicks grow in less than two months
Breeding of layers This is for egg production, chickens lay eggs for an average of two years and five months before becoming weak. They can be sold off at this stage.
Production of poultry feeds. This is another area you can do business, since the market is readily available. Those in the business of raising day old chicks must buy feeds, all you have to do is to produce the best feeds and make contacts with poultry farmers.
Production of poultry equipments. This is a huge market on its own. Poultry equipments are so many, you can choose to produce some of them, they include:-
1. Feeders: the device for supplying feeds to the birds
2. Waterers: The device used for supplying water to the birds
3. Nests: The place chickens lay eggs.
4. Cages: Boxes made specially for keeping birds
5. Coops: a place where the birds are housed.
6. Incubators: Device to keep eggs warm until they are
7. Perches: Place of rest for birds
8. Brooders or heaters A heated structure for raising young fowl.
9. Waste/disposal system